Author Topic: J plate Rivage.  (Read 10483 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: J plate Rivage.
« Reply #40 on: 24 November 2010, 16:21 »
Have you boys bought a gear likage kit yet?

i had one.. but i think i lost most of it!!  :grin:

Ah well they are cheap enough.. make sure you get one with all the rods, new ball and spring etc... not just the bushes, for the extra couple of squids its worth it...  not a fun job though... poor Chuff.  I got a poly bush for the main rod and it was a right b!tch to put in, the rest of it is easy enough, just a little time consuming and patience required.

hopefully... if we find a noddy guide I can get stuck in and not chuff.. poor sod..

i got the bushes only kit last time which is why I wasn't too worried... but I realised later that i needed one with all the rods etc in it..

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 24 November 2010, 18:13 »
next noddy guide required please  :smiley:

Lower arm and anti roll bar removal  :shocked:

Dont know if this will cover it, helped me.  :smiley:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=515098

sweet :afro:

I have the front wishbones minus bushes, but two people have now said to me I should have got them complete... do you think I should try and swap them for a complete kit (i don't have the receipts)

would this have everything that we need bushes wise... or is there another link/supplier/part number someone else could suggest?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-WISHBONES-CW-BUSHES-VW-GOLF-MK1-SCIROCCO-CADDY-JETTA-/390256285615?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5add1657af#ht_2539wt_907
« Last Edit: 24 November 2010, 18:15 by Guy »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #42 on: 24 November 2010, 18:16 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-WISHBONES-CW-BUSHES-VW-GOLF-MK1-SCIROCCO-CADDY-JETTA-/390256285615?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5add1657af#ht_2539wt_907

Nice price, thought it was a mega bargain when it said Manufacturer: Volkswagon.  but later found its not..... can't go wrong though, guessing yours look a little poop... want to change mine next year unless they fail MOT this year!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 24 November 2010, 18:19 »

Nice price, thought it was a mega bargain when it said Manufacturer: Volkswagon.  but later found its not..... can't go wrong though, guessing yours look a little poop... want to change mine next year unless they fail MOT this year!

i have two wishbones -bushes if you want to take them off my hands?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #44 on: 25 November 2010, 09:39 »

Because you posted a link to a set I thought you were asking if they were OK?... have you already got a pair plus a spare too?  what are these ones you want taking off your hands and how much as I didn't budget for anything like this till next year.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 25 November 2010, 16:26 »

Because you posted a link to a set I thought you were asking if they were OK?... have you already got a pair plus a spare too?  what are these ones you want taking off your hands and how much as I didn't budget for anything like this till next year.

i has pair... but without bushes (purchased in error as I thought they had bushes)... you said that you were going to polybush yours, i'm not so will just buy a set pre-bushed

so the set without bushes are on offer... pm me if you're interested  :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #46 on: 25 November 2010, 16:44 »

i has pair... but without bushes (purchased in error as I thought they had bushes)... you said that you were going to polybush yours, i'm not so will just buy a set pre-bushed

so the set without bushes are on offer... pm me if you're interested  :wink:

Pm'd  :smiley:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #47 on: 02 January 2011, 00:18 »
well i thought i would shame Mr F into buying me some parts  :grin: :laugh:

I have the car, the time ( if i sober up ) and the tools.

Buy me some bits mr f  :smug:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #48 on: 02 January 2011, 01:12 »

He's also wearing some clean pants now too....

Yeah come on what's going on... Its gone a bit quiet..

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 02 January 2011, 23:30 »

He's also wearing some clean pants now too....

Yeah come on what's going on... Its gone a bit quiet..

glad he is wearing clean gruddies!

december got in the way... something called christmas... all systems go now though