Author Topic: J plate Rivage.  (Read 10472 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: J plate Rivage.
« Reply #30 on: 23 November 2010, 18:29 »
Well thanks for the update and all the best.  The Rivage in blue is my first choice for MK1 and I'm very tempted to get one as well.  After seing "Eyeletboy's" Black Mk1 in and around Neath, they do look the business.

If I get one I may as well get a bloody camper van as well - but that'll be a spanking new California.  None of this tent malarky when I go to weekend shows.

Jonathan.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 23 November 2010, 18:31 »
this was too good an opportunity to miss when it came up for sale.. must say though that it has taught me a lot

if I ever sold it I would use the money towards a camper... although I would be just as happy in a tent with the cabby parked up alongside!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #32 on: 23 November 2010, 18:35 »
I just read she's an old girl!  she's not that old... 1991?  one of the late ones... anyway you're (Chuff is) doing a good thing... nothing worse than a tidy looking car thats hiding not so tidy stuff... Currently i think mine is the reverse of yours!  :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 23 November 2010, 18:42 »
I just read she's an old girl!  she's not that old... 1991?  one of the late ones... anyway you're (Chuff is) doing a good thing... nothing worse than a tidy looking car thats hiding not so tidy stuff... Currently i think mine is the reverse of yours!  :grin:

well old ish!

yeah.. I think you're absolutely right... the mechanicals and the roof need sorting out for sure!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #34 on: 23 November 2010, 18:46 »

well old ish!

yeah.. I think you're absolutely right... the mechanicals and the roof need sorting out for sure!

Hows the engine, is it quiet... got many miles on it?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 23 November 2010, 22:00 »
its very good imo - got 105k on the clock

engine shot in the vid  :wink:

vid of the old girl running for the first time in a long time!  :cool:

youtube linky

« Last Edit: 23 November 2010, 22:02 by Guy »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #36 on: 23 November 2010, 23:25 »
its very good imo - got 105k on the clock

engine shot in the vid  :wink:

vid of the old girl running for the first time in a long time!  :cool:

youtube linky

Sounds like mine up front even though its got 130 on her... should be worse IMO due to it having a big valve head with high lifters etc... next year will get the head rebuilt if possible... not got much to go on bar the plaque on the slam panel.  yours is sounding OK TBO, they can get really noisy but they soldier on forever!  I've had far higher mileage ones in the past!  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #37 on: 24 November 2010, 15:57 »
Have you boys bought a gear likage kit yet?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 24 November 2010, 16:11 »

i had one.. but i think i lost most of it!!  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #39 on: 24 November 2010, 16:15 »

i had one.. but i think i lost most of it!!  :grin:

Ah well they are cheap enough.. make sure you get one with all the rods, new ball and spring etc... not just the bushes, for the extra couple of squids its worth it...  not a fun job though... poor Chuff.  I got a poly bush for the main rod and it was a right b!tch to put in, the rest of it is easy enough, just a little time consuming and patience required.