Author Topic: Dealer Recommendations  (Read 3599 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Dealer Recommendations
« on: 15 November 2010, 21:56 »
Hi Guys

I wanted to ask those of you who bought new or ex demonstrator GTI MK6 cars, if you'd recommend your dealer?

I'm looking at buying a second car and I'm currently shopping around for a Polo. I was rather taken by the MK5 Polo GTI in white but bearing in mind that this is for my wife, I have to be sensible as she doesn't share my enthusiasm for driving fast cars. It's also a bit pricey at £18.5k stock. I'm working on the assumption that your favoured dealer stocks Polo models as well.

While my dealer is perfectly decent, I'm likely to buy it through my own company either as cash or PCP and while I've given my pet dealer a brief, he hasn't set the world alight with his initial options. I'm looking at an £8 -£12k budget.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks

Alex

« Last Edit: 15 November 2010, 21:59 by AGB »
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Dealer Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2010, 07:48 »
Theres a guy on here who goes by the username evo1986 that works for a dealership. He has helped me out a couple of times and imo is worth contacting over anyone else as he gives a damn unlike alot of dealers.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2010, 07:50 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2010, 07:53 »
I was looking at a 4 door Polo GTI over the weekend and i have to say i'm tempted , what are they like? are they any good?  :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2010, 09:03 »
I would also be interested in this, as I am looking at moving to the North, and would need to get a car to commute to work and back.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2010, 09:19 »
I would also be interested in this, as I am looking at moving to the North, and would need to get a car to commute to work and back.

Slick is my warrenty at risk becuse of petrol diesel issue i had few weeks ago?

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2010, 09:37 »
Hi Steve. No warranty issues as no damage done. I checked this with VW just for you. Also, don't tell VW. :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2010, 09:45 »
Hi Steve. No warranty issues as no damage done. I checked this with VW just for you. Also, don't tell VW. :smiley:

I was told it comes up on the ECU and if there are any engine problems it could invalidate the warrenty? :undecided:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2010, 09:48 »

As already mentioned, there shouldn't be an issue with warrenty as there was no significant damage done which caused you to claim. Should they ask why the fuel filter has been changed, just say for peace of mind.

They would have to do to pretty extreme lengths in order to prove anything otherwise, to the point of stripping the fuel system out and sending it for analysis.

RE: The ECU - I am not entirely sure how it would be logged, as the reason the engine would have stopped would be the lack of ignition. It would probably log a sudden engine stop, but nothing else as to my knowledge there is not a sensor capable of detecting what type of fuel it is using. (yes I realise there are knock sensors, but these measure ignition timing not fuel values)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #8 on: 16 November 2010, 09:50 »

As already mentioned, there shouldn't be an issue with warrenty as there was no significant damage done which caused you to claim. Should they ask why the fuel filter has been changed, just say for peace of mind.

They would have to do to pretty extreme lengths in order to prove anything otherwise, to the point of stripping the fuel system out and sending it for analysis.

RE: The ECU - I am not entirely sure how it would be logged, as the reason the engine would have stopped would be the lack of ignition. It would probably log a sudden engine stop, but nothing else as to my knowledge there is not a sensor capable of detecting what type of fuel it is using. (yes I realise there are knock sensors, but these measure ignition timing not fuel values)
Ok slick thanks for that :wink:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 16 November 2010, 10:48 »
Back on topic, I would highly recommend Hadwins in Grange-over-sands, I had a great experience with them tbh, gave me a great deal on my trade in compared to other more local dealers including where i got the car i was trading! £1000 more infact! Not sure how well you'd do with a cash purchase though but worth a look anyway. Ian Aplin was the guy i dealt with.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂