Author Topic: pic request - front panel mounting points  (Read 3649 times)

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2010, 16:16 »
Yeah same here its fun for me as a OCD type of pressure relief hobbie!
I still think you can do both, if you don't mind loosing weekends  :wink:
Better to diversify than stickin all eggs in one basket  :wink: :cool:

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2010, 16:25 »
plus if working for a vag specialist tuner place, would they be happy me doing work for cheap on the side, potentially taking away sales, plus would i have to keep a lid on any good stuff stuff I learn there etc.  not a fan of members who wont tell you what they have done, keep things a secret to make more money etc. dont see this very often though thankfully (that we know of? :grin:)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2010, 18:30 »
just look at the holes in the slam panel, you'll see the holes where bolts were due to witness marks, p[lus also where there is a hole see if you can see thread behind it for it to screw into!

thanks RJ, but the car has had paint and the replacement front panel is currently primer'd up so i dont have any signs of wear (plus i cant guarantee the holes used in the current panel are correct, especially as the N/S wasnt bolted around the headlamps at all)

so i should be using:
the 2 outer holes each side to the wing,
the 2 outer holes each side under the lamps
and 1 in the centre to the cross member

9 bolts in total



I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2010, 18:34 »
That sounds about right, and If you want to be anal about it, those bolts should be black in colour!
Thom

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2010, 18:47 »
That sounds about right, and If you want to be anal about it, those bolts should be black in colour!
Thom

hammerite them after fitting  :evil:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2010, 19:02 »
so this is probably correct then chaps?



does the top edge of the panel sit on top of the wings?

the current panel is bolted conventionally and sits beneath the wings:

« Last Edit: 01 November 2010, 19:05 by cняis »


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2010, 22:44 »
so this is probably correct then chaps?



does the top edge of the panel sit on top of the wings?

the current panel is bolted conventionally and sits beneath the wings:



Correct... Is that the panel as its going to be fitted? looks like it needs a coat of Satin black, and not Matt :lipsrsealed:

Thom

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2010, 22:54 »

Correct... Is that the panel as its going to be fitted? looks like it needs a coat of Satin black, and not Matt :lipsrsealed:

Thom

its still in primer  :rolleyes:

i havent satin black'd it yet  :grin:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #18 on: 01 November 2010, 23:56 »

Correct... Is that the panel as its going to be fitted? looks like it needs a coat of Satin black, and not Matt :lipsrsealed:

Thom

its still in primer  :rolleyes:

i havent satin black'd it yet  :grin:

Thank god for that then, because it looks sh!te :evil: just didn't want to say :grin: :grin:

Thom

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: pic request - front panel mounting points
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2010, 09:44 »
yeah you got it, and aye it should be fitted on top of the wings. if its underneath someone has changed the wings and not bothered to remove the slam panel before refitting
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.