Author Topic: Split rear seat question  (Read 1295 times)

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Split rear seat question
« on: 30 October 2010, 20:32 »
Are non GTI rear seats the same as GTI ones?

I'm thinking of buying a 60-40 split rear and trimming it in rainbow cloth, but not sure if it is as straight forward as all that.

Anyone done it?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Split rear seat question
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2010, 20:39 »
any mk2 rear seats will fit any mk2,

depending on what you have in there now you might need extra screws and screw covers.


Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Split rear seat question
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2010, 20:47 »
Thanks, but it was more the shape of them I was thinking about.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Split rear seat question
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2010, 21:06 »
Errr mines 60/40 split Rainbow, but I'm sticking 50/50 because its in better nick plus my ride will not be carrying anything long to use the 60/40 split. Both fit perfectly though?

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Split rear seat question
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2010, 22:50 »
Thanks, but it was more the shape of them I was thinking about.

Yeh I re-read it, I dont think they are the same.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2010, 22:52 by Haribo! »

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Split rear seat question
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2010, 09:21 »
gti/non-gti seats are the same shape, just the fabrtic that differs. obviously a split fold bench is different to non-split. to retrim a split-fold bench with non-split fabric tyou would need a bit spare to do the job properly as obv you wont have enough fabric to go in the gaps etc
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.