Author Topic: water pump/ PAS belt tensioner  (Read 1097 times)

Offline jammac

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 503
water pump/ PAS belt tensioner
« on: 28 October 2010, 17:33 »
changed the water pump/PAS belt today and managed to shear off the bolt for the belt tensioner.

does anyone know if i can get a new tensioner assembly from anywhere? otherwise ive gotta arse around getting the sheared off bolt out and get another bolt. id rather just replace the whole thing.

i cant find it anywhere online. will call vw tomorrow unless anyones got any info?

its a 91 8v gti

cheers
j

ITS A TRAP!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: water pump/ PAS belt tensioner
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2010, 09:48 »
do you mean the weird bolt with the threaded eyelet on the top?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline jammac

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 503
Re: water pump/ PAS belt tensioner
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2010, 14:24 »
yeah i suppose you could describe it like that.

ive sheared the actual adjsting bolt that goes through the threaded eyelet. i know i can get the sheared bolt out with some easyouts and a drill and just replace the bolt but if i can get the entire thing new id rather do that.

any ideas? ive not had time to call VW yet

ITS A TRAP!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: water pump/ PAS belt tensioner
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2010, 15:10 »
035 145 541 - eye bolt - 11.49+VAT
n 040 237 1 - tension bolt, M8x55 - 0.94+VAT
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline jammac

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 503
Re: water pump/ PAS belt tensioner
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2010, 15:49 »
thanks johnny!  :cool:

ITS A TRAP!