GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem (Read 1468 times)
Renman8957
Not said much yet
Posts: 13
URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
on:
27 October 2010, 11:45 »
Hi guys, basically I've fitted a single wiper conversion kit to my mk2 golf, don't need opinions on that, but I've run into a problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuIpXHV4Rk
Any ideas, quickly, before it starts raining. Thanks guys
Logged
Agreeable Slick
Global Moderator
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,066
Unit
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #1 on:
27 October 2010, 11:52 »
and an explaination for those of us that can't watch youtube? I.E. we are at work.
Logged
I made this : ->
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30416.0
Renman8957
Not said much yet
Posts: 13
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #2 on:
27 October 2010, 11:55 »
There is very very little movement, like 5 to 10 degrees either side, instead of the 70-90ish degrees it should move either side. I had the wiper in the centre position to demonstrate this, it is not where the wiper will be resting
Logged
Agreeable Slick
Global Moderator
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,066
Unit
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #3 on:
27 October 2010, 12:00 »
I will assume this is a tried and tested motor that you have done the conversion with? I.E. it rotates through the full 90(ish) degrees that it is meant to?
Logged
I made this : ->
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30416.0
Renman8957
Not said much yet
Posts: 13
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #4 on:
27 October 2010, 12:02 »
The mechanism turns the whole way round like I believe it should, but the motor came with it so you could be right
Logged
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #5 on:
01 November 2010, 09:11 »
sounds like a linkage problem. all the motor does is spin round 360 degrees, it doesnrt spin backwards and forwards to move the wiper. one of the linkages on the kit is wrong, this is why its not doing the full movement
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Diamond Hell
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,992
Opinions я Us
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #6 on:
01 November 2010, 14:50 »
Quote from: Renman8957 on 27 October 2010, 11:45
Any ideas, quickly, before it starts raining. Thanks guys
Take the POS back off, throw it in the bin and fit the proper wiper set up.
Logged
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.
Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.
Renman8957
Not said much yet
Posts: 13
Re: URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem
«
Reply #7 on:
04 November 2010, 15:18 »
The linkage needed to be criss-crossed and wasn't, simple fix I'm just special
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
URGENT!!!! Single Wiper Problem