Author Topic: 1.8 8v gti sensor plug....  (Read 1496 times)

Offline brad88

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
1.8 8v gti sensor plug....
« on: 24 October 2010, 19:06 »
hi people,
just wondering what the black 2 wire plug is for on the back of the throttle body, both wires look to be broke, and the revs fluctuate ever so slightly between 1300rpm down to 800rpm, could that be the cause?
cheers, brad :D

Offline Steve_B

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 661
Re: 1.8 8v gti sensor plug....
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 19:30 »
plug is for throttle switch on the tb, if they are broke could very well give those symptons

Offline brad88

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
Re: 1.8 8v gti sensor plug....
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 19:50 »
cheers mate, i thought thats what it was for, will get it fixed asap and see if theres a difference, just wanted to definately know what it was for,
cheers, brad :D

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: 1.8 8v gti sensor plug....
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2010, 19:56 »
Apparently a common fault mate, I need to check mine aswell.
I think you can test if it is working when wired in by leaving the ignition on and listening for a click when you open and close the throttle

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: 1.8 8v gti sensor plug....
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2010, 10:47 »
no that just shows you the idle switch is adjusted properly. to test em electrically start engien and open throttle just off the stop, say to 1.5krpm or so. press the wot switch on top of the throttle, revs should drop then rise again when you release
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.