Author Topic: fuel tank straps  (Read 4524 times)

Offline nobbys69

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 8
fuel tank straps
« on: 24 October 2010, 17:51 »
Any one know where i can get some fuel tank straps for a mk2 golf gti 16v. Mine are in need of a change.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: fuel tank straps
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 17:59 »
Vw Heritage/ bigboys toys do them for about £30 I think? Other wise VAG do them for about £50

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: fuel tank straps
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2010, 10:46 »
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: fuel tank straps
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2010, 13:01 »
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies

If only I'd known that in the 2 hours before my MOT! I spent a little while wrestling and shaping some thick stainless steel sheet to tide me over the MOT


Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: fuel tank straps
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2010, 23:54 »
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies

If only I'd known that in the 2 hours before my MOT! I spent a little while wrestling and shaping some thick stainless steel sheet to tide me over the MOT



Good effort Ben, circumstance being the mother of invention.  :grin:

Was under the back of the car tonight think I will invest in some too. Don't fancy my chances of getting the old bolts out though. :undecided:


You don't own a Mk2, you support it.