Author Topic: LHD carpet into a RHD car???  (Read 1989 times)

Offline HuwMk2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« on: 24 October 2010, 08:17 »
Hi. I am hopefully going to be buying an Edition One Recaro interior for my mk2. I was planning on adding the parcel shelf and supports plus the blue carpet. My question is this: How easy is it to fit a LHD carpet into a RHD car? Are they pretty much the same on both LHD and RHD cars apart from the plastic area for your feet on the driver's side? Is it worth putting the carpet in? I think the blue seats will loof naff with black carpet. Cheers, Huw.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 10:13 »
As you noted, it should fit up no problem, apart from the rubber heel guard in the driver footwell.

As far as I know the right hand side of the car is the same shape as the left.  :rolleyes:


Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2010, 10:43 »
as above, direct fit except the heel pads on wrong side. only thing to be aware of is if the donor car was a g60, the carpet wont fit as the tunnel is taller. generally you only find the recaro interior from g60 mk2s, but sometimes you find 8v and 16v mk2 edition ones with recaros
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2010, 11:18 »
I've fitted Ed1 seats with matching door cards... but I left the back carpet and PS & rear shelves in black & I think it looks fine...

Have a look at my thread for pictures....
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.0

HTH

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline HuwMk2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2010, 12:31 »
as above, direct fit except the heel pads on wrong side. only thing to be aware of is if the donor car was a g60, the carpet wont fit as the tunnel is taller. generally you only find the recaro interior from g60 mk2s, but sometimes you find 8v and 16v mk2 edition ones with recaros

Thankfully the car was an 8v gti edition one so the tunnel will be fine! Cheers Jonny.

Offline HuwMk2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2010, 12:32 »
I've fitted Ed1 seats with matching door cards... but I left the back carpet and PS & rear shelves in black & I think it looks fine...

Have a look at my thread for pictures....
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.0

HTH

Interior looks good! Car is stunning. Hoping my alpine white will look this good eventually.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: LHD carpet into a RHD car???
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2010, 14:44 »
Cheers Huw!!

Sure it will! The Recaro Interior is worth every penny you spent on it - IMO!!  So much better than stock GTI seats!!

I've fitted Ed1 seats with matching door cards... but I left the back carpet and PS & rear shelves in black & I think it looks fine...

Have a look at my thread for pictures....
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.0

HTH

Interior looks good! Car is stunning. Hoping my alpine white will look this good eventually.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!