Author Topic: GTI Seat Bases...  (Read 1337 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
GTI Seat Bases...
« on: 23 October 2010, 15:14 »
Quick question...

My lad has just bought a set of Edition seats which were a Europe only issue seat so they are out of a LHD car...

We are looking at putting them into his RHD Driver...

Problem is that the height adjustable drivers seat on a LHD car is now on the passenger side and his New drivers seat is now non height adjustable..

Is there a quick way to swap over the seat base from his existing seats without having to strip the whole seat down?? (also does anyone know if its a PITA job to do?)...

I think I already know the answer but will ask the question anyway just in case I have missed something?

Ta

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline SimonG

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
Re: GTI Seat Bases...
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2010, 19:33 »
Just strip the old drivers seat down and swap the bases over.  Leave the new passenger side seat alone, then you'll have two height adjustable seats.
  Mk3 Anniversary GTI 16V, Mk2 GTI

Offline southcoast_gti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: GTI Seat Bases...
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2010, 19:36 »
plus only takes ten mins to do, its how i fitted mk3 leathers into my mk2

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: GTI Seat Bases...
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2010, 19:44 »
Any tips??  :wink:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: GTI Seat Bases...
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2010, 14:00 »
Thanks Guys... Jobs a good un!!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!