Author Topic: Simple trim level related q  (Read 4020 times)

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Simple trim level related q
« on: 21 October 2010, 17:47 »
I have an 85 mk2, and the trim on the sides sticks out very far. See picture below



I hate the side trim like this, I'm currently hunting for a replacement set like the big bumper models have like this...


I found these on the bay, are they the same? is the red badge a seperate item?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mk2-Golf-3-door-small-bumper-trim-and-arches-/120633702583?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c165438b7




Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2010, 17:51 »
No. That is Non-GTi trim.

Don't buy it.


Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2010, 18:02 »
No. That is Non-GTi trim.

Don't buy it.



Cheers, the hunt continues.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2010, 18:37 »
Plenty of it comes up in the classified section. 


Offline southcoast_gti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2010, 18:45 »
ive got some for a 3dr and 5dr but your trim is stuck on and not clipped on aint it?

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2010, 18:45 »
wont suit your car one bit imo.

love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:
:)

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2010, 19:06 »
wont suit your car one bit imo.

love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:

Yeah I'm not sure on how it will look either frankly I just hate the side trim, the bumpers are fine. I can always remove it :).

 
ive got some for a 3dr and 5dr but your trim is stuck on and not clipped on aint it?

Think so yeah, but shouldn't be to much bother

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2010, 19:15 »
No. That is Non-GTi trim.

Don't buy it.



Looks like GTI trim to me! it looks the same as my 89 16v trim...

Thom

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2010, 19:42 »
wont suit your car one bit imo.

love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:

No likey?


Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Simple trim level related q
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2010, 09:54 »
your car is early spec, with no holes in the doors. this means 88 and 90spec trim wont just clip on, you'll have to stick it on.  id de-trim it for smoothness
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.