Author Topic: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!  (Read 6689 times)

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2010, 14:51 »
All sorted now.... new window from scrappy for £10, everything else put back together and tidied up.

I reported the damage to the police at 8.45 this morning, and CSI were "done and dusted" by 11.45 so I was quite impressed. They also managed to find finger prints on the plastic trim bits they'd ripped off the interior so a right result. They're going to scan them at the nick and see if the prints are known.

Hopefully in the next few days we'll find out some scum bag has been done for it. At the moment, I'm leaving all the finger print powder all over the car and I'm tempted to leave the CSI leaflet they gave me in the car so if they come back they'll see it!!

Got an alarm on its way, Scorpion one with perimeter sensors etc and battery back up - with a 120db siren which should put the sh!ts up them! Getting that put in ASAP - hopefully this weekend.

All in all, reported it and got a result there and the glass has been replaced and all other damage un-done, fingers crossed I won't have to  go out to that mess again anytime soon.

Oh - and... I had my big GTi bumper come today so I seized the opportunity while my older brother was about and he fitted it for me. Fogs aren't wired up yet but looks better. That's a nice two finger salute to the w*nker who broke into it last night. If I see anyone hanging around it, I'll go out there and break their f*cking legs!!!

Cheers for all the posts.

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2010, 14:54 »
Need one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Like that mate!
Definitely need one, don't wanna electrocute them though, would take all the fun out of it when you found them already dead!!!!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2010, 14:57 »
I'm speech less mate gutted for you!
At least you sorted most of it, and as mentioned thank god they didn't drive the car away?
Guess no insurance claim, it isnt worth the hike in premiums for the stero unless it was an expensive one.

Jay

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2010, 14:59 »
Didn't take the stereo mate, just took it out and it was all chucked on the passenger seat. Didn't take anything at all just made a right mess!
Glad they're stupid clueless f*cks and it didn't get stolen or I would have been so gutted, but yeah all sorted now and gave me an op to put the big bumper on. I'll be much much happier when it's alarmed!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #14 on: 20 October 2010, 15:04 »
The b@stards! Unlucky mate, seems like they must have been bored or they were total amateur thieves, an alarm would have definitely scared them away. I remember when my old mk2 was vandalised, side repeaters ripped out, fuel flap bent, rear wiper ripped out and rear tyres were let down thankfully rather than slashed. Seems like they must have been hacking your car for a while considering the amount of damage done. Same as mine, take a few minutes to let the tyres down pushing the valves in, so they must have been there a good 5 minutes.
I too had CSI come along and dust the car off. I spotted a lovely hand print that the lady missed, had most of the fingers clearly visible and a very clear thumb print on the bent fuel flap. However they didn't find any matches, but it's not the end of the world if they don't, those prints are stored on record and if and when the guys are arrested or anything (could even be drunk and disorderly) 10 years or so down the line, they will be identified and the prints for this incident (remember, 10 years or even more on!) will still be there, so they will be charged with that too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something does come back although it's been 2 yeas now.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #15 on: 20 October 2010, 16:06 »
Need one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Good, but doesn't stop the buggers getting into the car, or causing damage.  You should get this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EOvYZ93o4

 :wink:

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #16 on: 20 October 2010, 16:21 »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2010, 18:11 »
FFS. I hope they suffer a huge loss.

I know the feeling. I cant wait to get hold of that guy who stole my side trims and damaged my paint. Invest in some CCTV if you can!
« Last Edit: 20 October 2010, 18:20 by Mr Blue »
:)

Offline xkaty_h

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2010, 18:14 »
Ah man that sucks to see!

Happened to my old car and they stole everything out of it. Was right outside my old school. It's a horrible feeling, the car doesn't feel like yours any more.

Glad that you got it all sorted in short amount of time! Alarms really are useful!
Hope the people that did it get some sort of massive Karmic do over!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
« Reply #19 on: 20 October 2010, 18:44 »
GolfGtiForum angry mob  :cool: :grin:

make them pay! b@stards broke mt door handles off!


I don't think a semi will give the same results