Author Topic: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,  (Read 5290 times)

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2010, 08:48 »
VTS is good fun to tit about with  till you get it wrong an tip it
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2010, 14:30 »
VTS is good fun to tit about with  till you get it wrong an tip it

The getting it wrong bit was surely buying one in the first place.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2010, 18:37 »
saxos are made from tin foil and tuppaware. why would you want one?  :sick:

Nasty nasty nasty...


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2010, 18:52 »
my excuse for buying a saxo VTS would be as follows.   "it was cheep now i can sell it to a chav and have profit"
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline chrissy_88

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 27
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2010, 23:46 »
they are made from tin and everyhing held by plastic clips but they are cheep and cheerful especially wen a was on apprentice mechanics wages

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2010, 13:08 »
I have a VTS aswel as the 8v golf, used to have a VTR aswel.

VTS's are nippy little things, I have no idea what he was on about 'superchipped' but they are 120bhp standard and can hit 62 in second.

I have no idea about the 16v golf's but as you said I would imagine it to lose out lower down & then be slightly quicker top end

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2010, 13:25 »
book times for 0-60 are slightly quicker on a VTS, it weighs about the same as a MK2 16v but peak torque and peak power are lower (would be interesting to compare the torque curves).

They seem pretty evenly matched in a straight line... but then who cares. If he feels good about himself, driving a superchipped VTS then fair enough. To be honest if he feels so good about his superchip and blags about it all the time, then a Saxo probably suits him.

Of course there's also a chance that the 'Superchip' has pissed all over his fuel maps and timing.
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline delirical

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 212
  • Like a g60
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2010, 14:19 »
I'll join im aswell  :smiley:

I also had a Mk1 VTR when i was 18 and it was a great lil car at that age.

Then i upgraded to a MK2 VTS at 20, it had a few toys on it so handled very well and stopped well too, the mk2 16v engines were really well put together and i had no issues with it at all in the 2 years i thrashed it round the place, had it on the rolling road and it was 129bhp with induction and catback exhaust

Who would like to see pics!!?..... tough, ill show you anyway!





Bring on the abuse!! :laugh:

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2010, 14:57 »
I think they look like great examples, imo saxo's are a great little car. Just the annoying rep you get and the amount of retards that kit them out with chav gear.

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: Gti 16v vs Saxo vts, superchipped,
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2010, 17:54 »
It felt bang on when i went passed him,  :laugh:
I really thought he was gunna leave me at 1st when he pulled away,  :cry:
I never asked him what it was superchipped upto,
No guts No glory,