Author Topic: Genuine front wings  (Read 6359 times)

Offline DubJoey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Genuine front wings
« on: 09 October 2010, 18:28 »
Does anyone no how much front wings are from vw and if they still do them need 2 as mine are slowly rotting away. Or does anyone no where to get good none genuine ones that dont need too much fetlin

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2010, 19:55 »
New wings are about £110.00 Each plus VAT from the stealers!!

I bought one earlier this year - To replace a patten one - The Patten ones just don't fit properly!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2010, 21:09 »
New wings are about £110.00 Each plus VAT from the stealers!!

I bought one earlier this year - To replace a patten one - The Patten ones just don't fit properly!!

Wish you'd stop saying that. Pattern parts *sometimes* need a bit of a wiggle to get the shut lines right.

I've fitted 1 on the golf without any bother, lined up easily. Given the price difference, i know what i'd rather do.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2010, 21:19 »
The OP asked the Question How Much.... Answered!! :smiley:

He also ask's about Good Copy Ones - So I gave him my Honest Opinion & One Shared By My Bodyshop & My Mechanic, Who By The Way Have Done A Number Of Cars That Have Appeared In National Mags... I Would take & value their advice any day - over yours!!  :smiley:

Why should I stop saying what is true????

Just cos you seem to think that patten parts are fine.... You keep fitting them - Thats your choice!!

I'm not the only one who agree's that the Patten Wings DON'T Fit like OEM ones...

So Stop Telling Me What The Feck To Say And Go Play With Your Non Gen Parts... As I Am Sure They Need Your Attention....  :angry:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2010, 21:34 »
Oh be quiet, you're boring



Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2010, 21:34 »
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2010, 21:38 »
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!

Perhaps, but a prat that can fit his own parts, form his own opinion and doesn't need to rely on his bodyshop or mechanic to know whats what.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2010, 21:55 »
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!

Perhaps, but a prat that can fit his own parts, form his own opinion and doesn't need to rely on his bodyshop or mechanic to know whats what.

Priceless Quote;

[size=9]DEALER ONLY! [/size][/shadow]

The pattern parts are sh!t and will distort within 18 months, the dealer part is only about £1 more!

So I'm boring cos I value other peeps input so I don't have to make the mistake's that others have....

Opinions Are Like Assh0le's Everyone has one..... Just Like You!!!

Last Time I looked we are in a free country and I am entitled to say what I like as long as it's a not Liable.... So FECK OFF!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Genuine front wings
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2010, 21:57 »
mate, you're about as interesting as this years x-factor