Author Topic: isnt it nice when  (Read 3215 times)

Offline messenjah

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 95
isnt it nice when
« on: 05 October 2010, 20:07 »
you work on your car and at the end of the day you have actually completed all the little jobs you set out to do.

today i only had a small list
 diagnose and solve problem of rattly passenger seat.
change plugs dizzy cap rotor arm.
change the rad and top and bottom hoses
figure out why the front grill is so loose and sort it
change the fuel filter
clean the interior

and each job i did just made the car that little bit better it was all easy stuff the hardest bit was cycling to the scrappy to get the bits (10 miles)

ill get some pics up and a project thread started on friday once ive given it a wash


Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2010, 20:20 »
Welcome to our World.  :grin:

Jonathan.

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2010, 20:30 »
Our world? I have never been to this world


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2010, 20:34 »
No, that's never happened to me :cry:

Offline messenjah

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2010, 20:46 »
doesnt happen working on old fords

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2010, 22:11 »
The parts seems to be mounting up in the garage/dining room

They dont seem to be getting fitted though  :grin:

The pile is growing!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2010, 22:16 »
He everyone; Chris has PILES!  :grin:


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2010, 22:33 »
He everyone; Chris has PILES!  :grin:




 :cool: :cool:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: isnt it nice when
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2010, 01:34 »
Yep It rebuilds your faith in the car & in your ability to do jobs...

Just wish I had the time...  :laugh: :laugh:

My Parts to fit keeps growing - Mind you I did fit my Brand new VW Front Grille this week, Looks odd without the Driving lamps thooo - But I am waiting for VW Historic lot in Germany to supply the lamp fitting kits as they are NLA here.....  :rolleyes:

you work on your car and at the end of the day you have actually completed all the little jobs you set out to do.

today i only had a small list
 diagnose and solve problem of rattly passenger seat.
change plugs dizzy cap rotor arm.
change the rad and top and bottom hoses
figure out why the front grill is so loose and sort it
change the fuel filter
clean the interior

and each job i did just made the car that little bit better it was all easy stuff the hardest bit was cycling to the scrappy to get the bits (10 miles)

ill get some pics up and a project thread started on friday once ive given it a wash



High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!