Author Topic: How much to have a radio fitted???  (Read 2892 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
How much to have a radio fitted???
« on: 05 October 2010, 17:03 »
Hi there, quick question...

How much to have a radio fitted these days standard cd/radio ???Thanks

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2010, 17:34 »
It all depends how much wiring is involved.

If it's a case of pluging in an adaptor harness, it'll take about 5 minutes, but if you need to put in new power and speaker wires it would take a couple of hours to do a tidy job.

So based on that I'd say anything between £5-40 + parts and consumables.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2010, 18:04 »
Go and get a quote from Halfrauds.


Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2010, 18:39 »
How bads the wiring that's the main thing as said above, It took me about an hour and a half to install a stereo (full rewire to ignition, 2 door speakers, cables to two amps in the boot to power 6x9's and a sub! the guy my mate used down here charged around £40 an hour.

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2010, 20:38 »
It will cost you ALL of your man points.

Stereo's are beginners electrics and an easy DIY task (until you find half the loom is missing/scotch locked or taped up) :laugh:

Offline messenjah

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2010, 20:58 »
if it wasnt butchered last time its a piece of piss and paying someone to do it would loose you some serious man points ... if its been butchered then it can be a pita

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2010, 21:28 »
Sorry to let the side down but I am not any good at much diy stuff :cry:
Has anyone got a simple diagram???

Much appreciated

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2010, 22:27 »


simple enough? :laugh:

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2010, 22:53 »
as previously said. you will loose all man points and you will have to go and buy a skirt and handbag   
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: How much to have a radio fitted???
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2010, 01:27 »
Sorry to let the side down but I am not any good at much diy stuff :cry:
Has anyone got a simple diagram???

Much appreciated

Bring it over and I'll fit it for you!!

Hours job Max!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!