Author Topic: Aero wiper or normal? which ones best? need to change but which one??  (Read 4237 times)

Offline H Singh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 228
Hi guys, anyone currently running aero wipers on there mk2? i need to change my normal wiper so wondering if it worth getting the aero wiper or stick to the normal bosch one inormally get?

if the aero, anyone recommend any good places to purchase them from off the net?
Harry

Offline rob.043

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
Ive not yet warmed to aero wipers on older cars (particularly mk2's)... not part of the rustic asthetic!

So I have no useful info  :embarassed:  Sorry

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
For me I'd say normal Bosch wipers with a spoiler on the drivers side for the OEM look.

Personally I don't like flippy floppy aero ones on old cars. My Passat has them from the factory and they are great, but I'd never fit them on my Mk2.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline H Singh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 228
yea im in two minds at the moment, anyone got any pics of what theyll look like? been tryna look but not many with them on!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
OE all the way...... :cool:

Thom

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Yeah the floppy aero wipers look odd on a mk2. Bog standard wipers FTW!

Offline Simeon

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,264
I'd rather my car look a litte 'odd' to purists and be able to see where I'm going when it's chucking it down ... get aero wipers, they are much better than standard (and before anyone says it, no my old wipers were not knackered, just changed them because I prefer the modern look of the aero ones)

Offline AudiA8Quattro

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,777
Get aero wipers, they are miles better than the old type..
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
For me I'd say normal Bosch wipers with a spoiler on the drivers side for the OEM look.

I don't care how much better the aero ones are.  They make old cars look spazzy.

If a G2 was my daily I might consider them, but on a toy?  No wai!

Like putting uPVC double-glazing into a listed building.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Dont do it Singh :grin:
:)