Author Topic: yokhama a501  (Read 2170 times)

Offline mk2bal

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
yokhama a501
« on: 03 October 2010, 14:18 »
Am gettin some yoko a501's fitted in the week as my old toyo proxes hav had it. I was trying to get bridgestone this time, cos a mate wit a 20vt mk2 swears by em,but can't get em 195/45/15,he uses stretched 165's.. Anyways I thort I'd try the yoki's instead then,has anyone got/had these, if so what do you think of em.. There £65 each when my toyo's were £47 each, so I hope thyre better!!! Let the tire war commence!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: yokhama a501
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2010, 14:33 »
Uniroyal Rainsport IIs FTW

Offline rob.043

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
Re: yokhama a501
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2010, 18:17 »
Currently on 195 45 15 Yokohama S-drive's, and love em. Thought they were around £40 a corner when I last got a pair, certainly not 65. Top notch sport tyre. Had the 'predecessor' of the yoko A539 before, which were good too.

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Re: yokhama a501
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2010, 18:25 »
Iv got rainsport 2's on my astra and there dam good in the wet and pretty good in the dry