GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
urgent question on Allen key size
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: urgent question on Allen key size (Read 1947 times)
The Mighty Elvi
I live here
Posts: 2,403
I'm better than you today.
urgent question on Allen key size
«
on:
28 September 2010, 13:36 »
I'm changing the rear discs and pads on my 91 valver. What size are the Allen keys neede to remove the caliper carrier. Off to shops to buy some now so prompt response appreciated.
Thanks.
Jonathan.
Logged
Agreeable Slick
Global Moderator
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,066
Unit
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #1 on:
28 September 2010, 14:31 »
IIRC 7mm...
Logged
I made this : ->
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30416.0
The Mighty Elvi
I live here
Posts: 2,403
I'm better than you today.
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #2 on:
28 September 2010, 14:37 »
Thanks. CGTi says 8mm so ill buy a set to be on the safe side.
Logged
The Mighty Elvi
I live here
Posts: 2,403
I'm better than you today.
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #3 on:
28 September 2010, 15:55 »
Yup. Deffo 8mm. Halfrauds even sell a special tool for the job. Long arm HEX. £5.99.
Now only if it would stop raining.
Logged
Steve_B
I live here
Posts: 661
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #4 on:
28 September 2010, 19:21 »
Can use the VW wheel wrench as an extension for the allen key as it's hollow. A bit pikey but it works
Logged
The Mighty Elvi
I live here
Posts: 2,403
I'm better than you today.
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #5 on:
28 September 2010, 23:22 »
Tried that. May need to give Garth a call.
Logged
Mew
I live here
Posts: 3,589
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #6 on:
28 September 2010, 23:33 »
I found that a 15mm socket hammered over the bolt worked well. Someone had previously attacked the bolts on mine and completely rounded them off
Logged
Ben Lessani
I live here
Posts: 3,873
The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #7 on:
28 September 2010, 23:37 »
I was pretty sure its 7mm
I had to cheat and grind flats on to mine!
Logged
twistedblack69
I live here
Posts: 1,047
Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: urgent question on Allen key size
«
Reply #8 on:
29 September 2010, 00:08 »
As long as it gets 'em off lol. I was lucky, the brakes weren't too much of a ballache, whereas everything else on the car so far has been seized
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
urgent question on Allen key size