Author Topic: Help please....two lights on dash on even when keys in ignition????  (Read 3067 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
As you can see from the picture there is 2 lights on constantly evenness when no keys are in the ignition...

1. Why is this???
2. Will the 2 lights drain my battery for the morning drive???



Thanks for any advice offered :wink:

Walchy


Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Sorry forgot to also mention that rev counter has also stopped working at the same time, is this linked???

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Becareful if you have a faulty ignition switch it can damage the starter motor!
My money is the clocks itself.... only way to know for sure is to take clocks out mate and trace the voltage from where its being supplied! Or look for burnt circuits on the back thats a sure sign its fuggered!


Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Easy way to tell if it is the ignition switch is to remove the steering wheel bottom cowling, and pull the plug out the back of the ign switch.

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Will the lights flatten the battery??

Can I cause any damage by driving it about???

Thanks


Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Will the lights flatten the battery??

Can I cause any damage by driving it about???

Thanks



Seriously, its two philips screws to remove. Just pull off the cowling and pull the plug from the switch - it will take 4 minutes literally. If the switch is knackered, there is much more to be worried about than just a flat battery.

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
No idea why but i have had this when the battery was dying and i tried to start.The lights would stay on and rev counter would go funny even when it was jumpstarted and i was driving it home.
I just disconnected battery and reconnected. No idea why it does this though.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Will the lights flatten the battery??

Can I cause any damage by driving it about???

Thanks



Seriously, its two philips screws to remove. Just pull off the cowling and pull the plug from the switch - it will take 4 minutes literally. If the switch is knackered, there is much more to be worried about than just a flat battery.

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Taken plastic cover off from under steering wheel, what swithch am I looking for please??

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
See the thing that looks like a slot that you put the car-make-open-and-car-make-go'er-rer ...





The plug goes in the back of it ...