Author Topic: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Goops

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
  • mk2 gti 16v
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2010, 15:24 »
haaave it! :cool:

Offline moby dick

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2010, 07:03 »
just put my 1990 Mk2 back on the road aftr 3 years of SORN. Battery was shot, but it jumpstarted first time...Frankenstein had the right idea
\\\"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered\\\" George Best

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2010, 17:40 »
just put my 1990 Mk2 back on the road aftr 3 years of SORN. Battery was shot, but it jumpstarted first time...Frankenstein had the right idea

 :grin: :cool: :grin: :cool:

I've always taken the battery out every couple of month, stick it on trickle charge, due to alarms being the drain point!

Offline moby dick

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2010, 18:12 »
Yep, thats what I should have done :embarassed:
\\\"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered\\\" George Best

Offline SoundillusioN

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,004
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2010, 13:18 »
Nice one!.   had the same... engine was out of the car for 6 years!.. took me two weeks to start, tuned out the clifford was the cause (last thing i checked!).. ripped it all out, did a quick leccy bodge and boom! off she went.  have since rewired the car.  :cool:  when you gonna try for MOT.. mines gonna be this month me thinks, they may laugh at me??  :undecided:

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2010, 16:00 »
I'm sure yours will pass with flying colours fella!
I'm going for MOT @ end of October I need to buy a few more brake parts before taking her through.

Good news most of the front is on and just rewired the lights and all are working ok except side lights it looks like the bulbs I had on them were too old.
Checked the Alternator voltage it was 14.6V and battery gave off a health voltage.
Drained oil and flushed the engine, then a new oil filter plus synta, you can see the new starter motor aswell.  :smiley:
But here is the latest look on her?
I'm not doing the front bumper because its so low I need the space just to get a bloody jack underneath for future upgrades! :grin:







Offline SoundillusioN

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,004
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2010, 18:32 »
Ha dont be too sure, ive not changd everything you know!.. loads of old bushes kickin around!

Yours looks great mate.  really tidy under the bonnet, not much left to do then!

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2010, 19:25 »
I know the feeling there is about another £300.00 to be spent on this, like brakes discs and pads even a new Rad and shroud, Front drivers plastic wheel arch to be replaced. Number plates! Couple of tyres, One fog lense, I'm sure if this fails the MOT it would have been something silly that I forgot somewhere. But this was the task I faced when I started to strip it back.
NO PAS system, Missing vac pipes,Servo and master cylinder shot, faulty starter motor, Alternator faulty. Pretty much all important ancillaries all shot due to neglect. Major oil leek around rocker cover. It had a green bonnet aswell :laugh:
The only thing decent was the head and bottom end.   


   

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #18 on: 28 September 2010, 12:31 »
Well done Jay, slowly starting to take proper shape now :) all your hard works clearly paying off !!

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Sheeeeeee Liivvvvvvvvvvvvvves Its alive!
« Reply #19 on: 28 September 2010, 17:42 »
Thanks Rich I'm getting bored again running out of things to fix now LOL!
 :laugh: