Author Topic: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline HuwMk2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« on: 24 September 2010, 18:47 »
I have a 1992 runout 8v 3 door in Alpine White. My BBS RAs are in need of a refurb. I was thinking about anthracite, what do you think? All comments appreciated.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2010, 18:54 »
For me OEM Silver....

I always think anthracite just looks like dirty wheels... :grin:

Whats about White Centers and polished rims or Black Centers & polished rims??

If they can do that when powder coating..

Nice to see you are getting them Powdercoated rather than painting them... :smiley:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2010, 20:29 »
Flat grey ? with a polished lip or something

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2010, 21:29 »
Silver ftw

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2010, 22:28 »
Crinkle red, polished rim :cool:

Thom

Offline dan_apps

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,677
  • too low for british roads!
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2010, 10:38 »
Crinkle red, polished rim :cool:

Thom

now ur talking, a deep red with white would looks the dogs!

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2010, 11:11 »
Get a picture of the car with wheels and then ask someone to photo chop it for effect
If you're running nice Gti red badges the Red would look good against the white more accent of red than too much... :cool:

Offline the_stink

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,308
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2010, 12:31 »
look at my project thread got a set of RA's anthractie centres with a polished lip have made the car look a million times better that the standard ones i had

Offline andykram

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 723
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2010, 19:40 »
I got my RAs refurbed over summer and they're on a run out 92 8v too. Had them properly powder coated in the original colour and they're as good as new. Fantastic job.

Offline xkaty_h

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: What colour to powerdcoat my BBS RAs?
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2010, 21:40 »
Ooh anthracite is a rather nice colour. Would look really rather nice with the white I think.

Deep red would also look lovely I think. Maybe get another set and have one set red for summer and one set anthracite for winter wheels. Best of both worlds :smiley: