Author Topic: Central Locking Woes !!!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline sdall30

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
Central Locking Woes !!!
« on: 23 September 2010, 16:02 »
I've got a 91 4 door MK2 GTI with the air operated central locking, I recived a knock at the door last night from the lad who lives next door.
The locks were going up and down , up and down, the only thing that would stop it was unlocking the doors with the key.

this has happend once or twice before and I had checked the system over , there were no apparent leaks. Anybody encountered this before?

Any ideas of probable causes / fixes / things to check over ?

all help gratefully recieved.

Cheers
Stuart

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Central Locking Woes !!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2010, 16:21 »
Could be a seized rod somewhere. The boot mech is particularly prone to seizing.
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Central Locking Woes !!!
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2010, 16:24 »
does it have a remote cl kit on it or some kind of alarm? when i wired up one of the door actuators wrong on an electric cl kit the locks went spaz lockunlocklockunlocklockunlocklockunlocklockunlocklockunlocklockunlock
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline sdall30

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
Re: Central Locking Woes !!!
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2010, 16:27 »
nope just the mechanical stuff, It will lock normally then hours later it will start going wobbley for no aparent reason at all.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Central Locking Woes !!!
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2010, 16:31 »
sounds liek the lcok switch in drivers door is going faulty to me, or the pump has had it
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.