Author Topic: before and after...  (Read 12697 times)

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
Re: before and after...
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2010, 21:37 »
Now we are talking real mans cars here  :laugh: :laugh: The salt just sets it off and shows off it stunning front and rear end looks  :laugh:
You know what i think the p slots look very good on it, its not a bad little car and looks pritty tidy, how much did you pay for it?

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 29 November 2010, 11:01 »
A tad over £200, MOT till August and Taxed till Febuary  :smiley:

Its got a bit of rust on the back arches and bootlid, so you can tell its related to the mk3 golf and mk4 polo  :grin:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 04 December 2010, 18:25 »
some rather good news, the mk2 lives again :)

its still going in the garage over winter though, but its nice to hear it running again

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #33 on: 04 December 2010, 20:56 »
great news. whhat did you do?

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 05 December 2010, 09:07 »
wiggled the wires that go into the plug at the back of the ignition switch. theres one or two that are a bit loose in the plug. at least I hope thats what the problem has been!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #35 on: 05 December 2010, 17:31 »
wiggled the wires that go into the plug at the back of the ignition switch. theres one or two that are a bit loose in the plug. at least I hope thats what the problem has been!
ha, after all that!... lets hope that's all it was though but still a bummer you went through like 50 ecu's before hand though!

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #36 on: 06 December 2010, 08:39 »
Are the other ecu's ok then? Or is it a case of leave it alone if its working?

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 06 December 2010, 12:27 »
The 1st 2 are in the bin, the 3rd one is on the car now, and the 4th one I bought is still in the box it came in. I took it to my garage last night to put it to sleep for the winter, what a mission that was trying to plough it through a foot od snow! In the end I got it in there and I'm not 100% sure on this but I think just before I turned it off it cut out, or I could have knocked the key. Anyway I tried it again and guess what? The fuel pump won't prime! I tried wiggling the wires again to no joy. But it was dark. I'm just gonna leave it now till after new year and hope it plays ball in better weather  :smiley:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #38 on: 06 December 2010, 12:42 »
bad that it wont start but glad its not ecu related

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 10 January 2011, 20:51 »
Well well well. Seeing as I've been messed about with a few offers of swaps, and after driving this home from my garage today and LOVING it, I've decided to insure and tax it tomorrow. Gonna do the few odd jobs that need doing over this week, and enjoy it for a while. The clutch doesn't seem to be slipping now so its putting down the GTi powers well :)