Author Topic: Grr downpipe fitting  (Read 7286 times)

Offline richard s

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 725
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #30 on: 26 September 2010, 21:34 »
get yourself a breaker bar and go for it and if the worst does happen im sure ive seen a thread on here showing that there is a hole already there to get at the captive nut its just if you want to weld it back on you need to start cutting things to create enough space to get the welder in

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #31 on: 27 September 2010, 16:29 »
Not sure what is actually going on/being asked anymore, but you don't need to touch anything in order to remove a downpipe or fit a new one. You just need the car high enough in the air to get the angles right to get the downpipe in.

Offline oakgreengolf

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,304
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #32 on: 27 September 2010, 17:21 »
As mew said with plenty of clearence the down pipe will come out ive done it!. You don't need to lower the subframe

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #33 on: 27 September 2010, 17:25 »
How high in the air, and drop it from the top. I couldn't of taken it out as it had a resonator on it so i grinded it out, but gotta pout the new one back in.

I just tried going for it just a minute ago but needs a longer bar

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #34 on: 27 September 2010, 17:35 »
Well mine was up on a ramp and put in from beneath

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #35 on: 27 September 2010, 17:54 »
Lock this thread, im embarrassed by it  :grin: :sad:

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #36 on: 27 September 2010, 19:34 »
No its my daily entertainment Emery!  :tongue:

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Grr downpipe fitting
« Reply #37 on: 27 September 2010, 19:44 »
I might aswell say what I did lol  :grin:

I just removed the exhaust manifold and slipped the downpipe in from the top !  :embarassed:

Least i know in future how to remove a subframe though!

Glad it entertained you though, therell be another one for one im putting my new abf mani/ airbox back on   :wink: