Author Topic: rear dooor car blanks?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
rear dooor car blanks?
« on: 20 September 2010, 00:05 »
ive just got my leather interior in my 5 door.

Now the rear cards have a rectangular hole for the electric window switches but I have winders in the back, is there some sort of adaptor or something to make this fit better?  as at the moment I have the circular winder int eh square hole and it leaves a gap around the outside :(

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2010, 10:26 »
fraid not chap :(
have to knock up summat yasen. what you could do is get some rear switch holders then fit some window switch blanks into em
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2010, 13:58 »
Yeh I guess I'll have to, and then put a hole in the blank for the window winder, I doubt I'll ever find a pair of those tho

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2010, 17:49 »
fit leccy windows?


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2010, 17:54 »
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2010, 20:50 »
Lol, give me a break :p anyway, I would still be stuck with the same problem, I won't find those parts 

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2010, 21:45 »
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

less to go wrong with manuals

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2010, 22:30 »
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

less to go wrong with manuals

hell yes!!  plus i have nowhere to put the buttons cause I cut the middle spaces out of the fascia so I could still have a hole to stick my phone in :D

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2010, 21:35 »
hope your happy with the leather mate :smiley:

.....the project.........

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: rear dooor car blanks?
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2010, 23:36 »
Buy really large grommits then cut them to the right shape, 30-40mm diameter ones might do the trick?