Author Topic: My old 16V  (Read 3998 times)

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2010, 16:11 »
askmid

Offline Ant1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,600
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2010, 16:16 »
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2010, 16:52 »
http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Quote
H37 lad is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today

Offline bvr

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 13
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2010, 22:16 »
http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Quote
H37 lad is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today

Loving that link!!
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2010, 22:47 »
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago

No way?! It was a minter when I sold it!

Yeh, there wasn't much left to identify it, just some front wings and a reg plate :rolleyes:

Offline Ant1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,600
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2010, 06:58 »
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago

No way?! It was a minter when I sold it!

Yeh, there wasn't much left to identify it, just some front wings and a reg plate :rolleyes:

Right, so that could be any car.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline Ant1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,600
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: My old 16V
« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2010, 07:01 »
I just remembered something. That car didn't have H37LAD as its plate originally. At some point that plate was put on. I sold the car to a one man VW dealer who only bought special VW's. He had either 'a' plate or the original put back on, so the car didn't sell as H37LAD.

Also, there was some event somewhere that VW held, to do with the launch of the MK5 GTi I think. VW wanted the previous GTi's there and my old MK2 was used.

So with the H37LAD plate, it may be hard to find my old car. I did see pics somewhere of it with the changed plate, but I can't remember now where and I can't remember the dealer either. Kind of a private dealer who operated from his home.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car