Author Topic: what does this item do?  (Read 3248 times)

Offline rowleyslims

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • hakuna mutata
what does this item do?
« on: 19 September 2010, 07:29 »

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2010, 08:19 »
Its a heater matrix,it's what makes hot air come out when you put the heaters on! And you can't see it because it's inside the car behind the dashboard centre console trust me you defiantly have one :rolleyes:

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2010, 17:38 »
Im not to sure if this dude is for real, much as i appreciate that no one knows everything but he cant even seem to read ebay listing descriptions. He has done it a few times now.


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2010, 22:17 »
lol

It doesnt say where it is though, so obv thought it was in the engine bay.

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2010, 22:54 »
A fair question I thought tbh... unless you've had dealings with a matrix before, how would you know...
Thom

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2010, 23:30 »
A fair question I thought tbh... unless you've had dealings with a matrix before, how would you know...
Thom

TBH you're not a proper mk2 owner without having changed a heater matrix!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline rowleyslims

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • hakuna mutata
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2010, 05:02 »
reason i ask is because i have no air conditioning system and im looking to put one in..  :cool:
(and yes i did think this part was in the engine bay. and i have taken my dash off before but never saw this part so i was just curious as to where is was located and what it did to make sure if i did have the part it was up to par and still working correctly. :laugh:) thanks for the info though guys and my bad if you feel im an idiot cuz i dont know what certain parts do but i see it as there is only one way to learn and thats to ask. lookin like a complete retart when it comes to cars or not.  :laugh: :laugh:
cheers guys.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2010, 08:01 »
A fair question I thought tbh... unless you've had dealings with a matrix before, how would you know...
Thom

TBH you're not a proper mk2 owner without having changed a heater matrix!

Yeah you really have to have been around a bit, to do that job!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

TBH I don't think any questions is a stupid one someone had to learn from someone else its simple, the quality of that info and processing that info is another matter. But as long as the chap or lass is decent and polite I dont give a fu*k its the rude f*ckers that get on my t/ts I prefer retard to out right f*ckers, and we have a had a few of them now and then. :rolleyes: 

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2010, 18:16 »
The part that you mention is hidden inside a box that is mounted behind the center of the dash, the said box, is directly mounted to the Bulkhead/Fire wall, and is pretty much the first thing that is put into the shell on the production line... the 2 pipes that protrude in the pic, in the ebay listing, are the pipes that the rubber heater pipes connect to under the bonnet/hood
Any chance that you can post up some pics of your car, would be interesting to see a US model..

Thom
« Last Edit: 21 September 2010, 18:34 by thom89 »

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: what does this item do?
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2010, 09:07 »
Just didn't know if you were another EGGYNOSH kinda guy. My apologies


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.