Author Topic: Mk2 Rear wiper  (Read 2399 times)

Offline jettaTx

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 943
  • Mk1 16v + Mk2 G60 + 309 Goodwood Mi16 + Jetta 16v!
Mk2 Rear wiper
« on: 15 September 2010, 18:51 »
Can anyone tell me the correct operation of a Mk2 Golf rear wiper motor.
Should it always spray water?
Andy

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2010, 18:58 »
A short push on the stalk turns it on, another short push turns it off, a long push activates the spray and wiper.

Offline the_stink

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,308
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2010, 15:17 »
A short push on the stalk turns it on, another short push turns it off, a long push activates the spray and wiper.

or if your in mine any bump in the road sets the fronts and jets off lol

Offline DarnPB

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,958
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2010, 23:15 »
And don't forget to lay it flat!


THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline jamie_pyrite

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 901
Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2010, 02:37 »
Mine is weird - It doesn't have an on/off setting so it'll move intermittantly. It's just a case of, if you push the stalk, it will give it power and constantly wipe/spray until you let go..

Meaning I can stop the wiper wherever I want! But means I have to time my pushes so it ends where it should!


What's going on here?

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2010, 14:38 »
Faulty wiring or duff relay or stalk!!

Mine is weird - It doesn't have an on/off setting so it'll move intermittantly. It's just a case of, if you push the stalk, it will give it power and constantly wipe/spray until you let go..

Meaning I can stop the wiper wherever I want! But means I have to time my pushes so it ends where it should!


What's going on here?

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!