Ive had some fuel/running issues with the car recently (digi), the sequence of events is as follows:
Turned the car off after a short run, started it 10 minutes later and it died after running for 5 secs. Left it 20 mins and it was fine, started and drove me home. Had about a 3rd of a tank of fuel at the time I think
A Week later, drove 80 miles, Went around a large roundabout twice (bad navigation from co-driver), exited on slip road and engine then died, and would not start that evening. Less than a quarter in tank this time. Got it home, tried to start it a couple days later- no probs, ran up to temp in garage and turned off. Changed fuel filter, then would not start (despite much trying). Added 3 gallons to the tank, and it started and ran no bother.
I hear a pump priming when I turn the Ignition on, and from what I find in searches, this is the main pump out of the tank? So is this definately a lift pump problem, with enough fuel depth meaning it will run anyway?