Author Topic: GTI windscreens - what glass do I have?  (Read 6139 times)

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GTI windscreens - what glass do I have?
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2010, 10:14 »
not all 8v gti had tinted glass, mine didnt. if your glass says 'tinted' its green tint.  can get em with a blue top tint too. phone your dealer, you might be surprised at how cheap the glass is from them
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: GTI windscreens - what glass do I have?
« Reply #21 on: 20 September 2010, 17:23 »
Green tint windscreen from VW is £101 inc VAT. Green tint with blue strip is unavailable from VW, but National Windscreens can get one from Pilkington for £102 + VAT. National obviously includes fitting.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GTI windscreens - what glass do I have?
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2010, 09:21 »
can still get the top tint glass according to my copy of etos which i did a price update on this morning:

191 845 101 - clear - 86.55+VAT
191 845 101 A - green tint - 86.55+VAT
191 845 101 H - green tint with colour strip - 110.87+VAT
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: GTI windscreens - what glass do I have?
« Reply #23 on: 22 September 2010, 09:36 »
Cheers guys, thanks for the help. Good to know it's not too pricey from the dealer.

Like I say, I now have a pilkington screen fitted from national for £70.

Slight tangent but have been looking at Lupo's for the misses the past couple of days and notice all of their glass is stamped pilkington with the VW logo. Do these guys just make the glass for VW?