Author Topic: Engine's  (Read 4336 times)

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2010, 22:21 »
Done your compresson testing yet fella?
 :rolleyes:

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2010, 22:45 »
haha i get the picture, but it would just be renewing the stuff that wears down after 140k miles, Ill concentrate on my career and hopefully be able to knife edge the hell out of my engine!!

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2010, 13:27 »
Done your compresson testing yet fella?
 :rolleyes:

Not had a chance at the minute buddy! running round work etc - Halfords was out of compression testers :( anyone local to me that has a compression tester and fancy;s doing it for me? (none of the garages round here do it... :S )

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2010, 13:29 »
Where is "local to you" ...

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #24 on: 14 September 2010, 13:48 »
I guess that would help, I'm in the Croydon/Wallington Area!

Rich.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #25 on: 14 September 2010, 14:20 »
Rich didnt check the bay for one?
I had a look around for my old one and couldnt find it someone borrowed it and never gave it back!
£18 looks like a good one or get other members to share the costs if they want to borrow it after your done  :wink:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Am-Tech-Petrol-Engine-Compression-Tester-Kit-NEW-_W0QQitemZ280488016702QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=139870806297&rvr_id=139870806297&cguid=10665a0212b0a0aad4e60526fff695b9

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Replacement Engine
« Reply #26 on: 14 September 2010, 15:11 »
Cheers buddy, I'll order that up when my parents are back and get it delievered to their house since noones ever at my house and would miss the delivery!

Cheers again buddy!