Author Topic: Anyone had these?  (Read 5079 times)

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2010, 10:01 »
how does the light from the foil get thru the metal dials?

The metal dials have the numbers cut out, the foil when lit shines through.


Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2010, 12:36 »
Alright stressy pants. as usual, thanks for the help, not to mention the entertaining attitude :)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #23 on: 13 September 2010, 13:04 »
:kiss:

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2010, 14:06 »
how does the light from the foil get thru the metal dials?

The metal dials have the numbers cut out, the foil when lit shines through.

Cheers mate, I thought that might be the case but it seemed abit far fetched, shows what I know :)

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #25 on: 20 September 2010, 09:45 »
do you have an 8v or a 16v? i have some metal monkey 8v dials, but then i put a 16v in so didnt get round to fitting. i ordered em special so they are back lightable, just need some el foil to complete the job
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #26 on: 20 September 2010, 14:03 »
8v, I've gone and bought a set from metal monkeys along with a heater panel, all in black and prepared for EL backing :D