Author Topic: Anyone had these?  (Read 5088 times)


Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2010, 11:01 »
Yes I've bought this kit - comes with everything you need. Along as you take your time and can solder you should be fine.


Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2010, 11:30 »
Yes I've bought this kit - comes with everything you need. Along as you take your time and can solder you should be fine.



Are they noticeably brighter?  the picture examples further down the page dont look too impressive

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2010, 13:21 »
Yes they are.  I didn't do my clocks though.


Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2010, 19:32 »
had a go and gave up cos i could nt solder them and i dont tiny fingers

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2010, 21:11 »
had blue LEDs fitted to my clocks on my old mk2.

the light wasnt spread particularly well, and overall seemed dimmer.

the LED switches were brighter however


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2010, 22:00 »
Switches are ok.  But for the clocks you want Metal Monkey dials with EL foil backing for that "Audi" look.

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWOtdnMW_k&feature=related


Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2010, 23:46 »
Switches are ok.  But for the clocks you want Metal Monkey dials with EL foil backing for that "Audi" look.

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWOtdnMW_k&feature=related



I want what that guys got!! :D


Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2010, 23:51 »
Ive been looking at the metal monkey site and im thinking black finish with white backing, I know I probably sound foolish but is the backing the numbers?

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Anyone had these?
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2010, 00:21 »
Get some EL foil and place that over the clocks.  Then place the metalmonkey dials  on top.  Use the red illuminated needles, simples.