Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 233234 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Rhyso's 195bhp Posh Golf
« Reply #970 on: 24 August 2011, 16:51 »
Thats Stink out then..... :grin:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #971 on: 24 August 2011, 16:54 »

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #972 on: 24 August 2011, 17:13 »
He'd be good at photographing a screwdriver mind you.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #973 on: 25 August 2011, 19:32 »
96 pages about an Audi A3?

Is it that exciting?? :drool:

More exciting than my old MK4 Golf; think that struggled to reach 60 pages  :grin: :grin:

EDIT:
I lied - it reached 62 pages
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=39185.0

:grin: :grin:
:laugh:

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #974 on: 27 August 2011, 00:22 »
now you know what its like to have a pd150 :tongue: :kiss:
Good results. knowing you you'll be romoving the dpf in a couple months once you get bored :lipsrsealed:

But with 8 more valves and an extra 0.1 litres  :grin: :grin:

Only if I've killed it  :grin: :grin:  Its going to be a long term evaluation as its still up in the air as to whether or not the MOT regs will require the DPF to remain in place to pass..........
:laugh: in other words 'DPF will be removed a.s.a.p if you find out cars will pass the mot without it'  :laugh:

I know this post was a little while back now. My DPF broke back in november last year and i went into limp mode on the way to work. Managed to drive to JBS as chesterfield is near me. And i have had DPF off since then. It passed the mot just a matter of weeks ago now. I asked for no map as i am not that sure if i am keeping my leon still. ( They do how eva give you a different map to standard, as its needed they say to go with the DPF being off ) But when i had it done and even now its defo a better car for it. Feels like it has more power.

Cost around 735 quid it was either this or 1500 quid from seat for whole new DPF unit.

« Last Edit: 27 August 2011, 00:27 by gooseuk »
Diesel power all the way

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #975 on: 27 August 2011, 11:11 »
I know this post was a little while back now. My DPF broke back in november last year and i went into limp mode on the way to work. Managed to drive to JBS as chesterfield is near me. And i have had DPF off since then. It passed the mot just a matter of weeks ago now. I asked for no map as i am not that sure if i am keeping my leon still. ( They do how eva give you a different map to standard, as its needed they say to go with the DPF being off ) But when i had it done and even now its defo a better car for it. Feels like it has more power.

Cost around 735 quid it was either this or 1500 quid from seat for whole new DPF unit.

Did that include the map tweaks too??

Far too expensive for a bit of pipe and a tweak.  Plus its Custom Code software  :lipsrsealed:

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #976 on: 27 August 2011, 11:20 »
Yeah some maping software had to be used. As you cant drive it with out it i hear. Correct it was expensive but i am not really a mod expert. They was close to me i needed help asap, and they could do it. Dont really know much more than that.

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3350/170-ppd-20-tdi-largebore-dpf-delete-package

This is pretty much what i ended up with. Regards to custom code software would have no idea if its poor or not.

Regarding the MOT regs. I heard some things but its hard to say right now. Mine passed and so have loads of others. I bought some warrenty with this car also 2 years ago as if any thing went like this i am coverd. But they said DPF not coverd, so watch what warrenty service you buy LOL.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2011, 11:29 by gooseuk »
Diesel power all the way

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #977 on: 15 September 2011, 20:52 »
So 12 months (near as dammnit) and 9700 miles later it was time for the Aldi's 2nd MOT

Had a free MOT with Cardiff Audi so popped down there this afternoon

Passed with no advisories  :smug: :cool:

Tomorrow its getting a full detail and some fresh wax in time for winter  :smiley:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #978 on: 15 September 2011, 20:55 »
If it didnt pass I would be sending it back, its only a few years old :tongue:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #979 on: 15 September 2011, 21:03 »
If it didnt pass I would be sending it back, its only a few years old :tongue:

I was a little concerned as they spent about 5 minutes fiddling with the passenger headlight  :undecided:  Looked as if they were adjusting it  :huh: