Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 231449 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's posh Golf......modding has begun; PG21
« Reply #210 on: 03 October 2010, 10:15 »
Looking at the pics on Audi Sport they are slightly darker but I wasn't overly keen on them so went with the MY09.  Guess I'll find out next week for sure if there is a noticeable difference  :smiley:

Loom is about £50 plus the cost of the lights so not exactly cheap  :lipsrsealed:   Give me a shout when you've got them and I'll give you a hand.  Took me about 30 minutes in total :afro:  Will sort out the instrument lighting for you too  :smiley:

Cheers for the part numbers  :smiley: will have to wait as our washing machine decided to pack in yesterday  :angry:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #211 on: 03 October 2010, 10:24 »
Looking at the pics on Audi Sport they are slightly darker but I wasn't overly keen on them so went with the MY09.  Guess I'll find out next week for sure if there is a noticeable difference  :smiley:

Loom is about £50 plus the cost of the lights so not exactly cheap  :lipsrsealed:   Give me a shout when you've got them and I'll give you a hand.  Took me about 30 minutes in total :afro:  Will sort out the instrument lighting for you too  :smiley:

Cheers for the part numbers  :smiley: will have to wait as our washing machine decided to pack in yesterday  :angry:

Washing machines are pain in the neck. They normally go without warning!  :angry:

Price of the mod ain't cheap but it's a one off and does update the car. Will order it up and let you know. Were the puddles and footwells an easy one or a bit fiddly? Instruments is one on the list. I assume you have done yours...
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #212 on: 03 October 2010, 10:27 »
Washing machines are pain in the neck. They normally go without warning!  :angry:

Price of the mod ain't cheap but it's a one off and does update the car. Will order it up and let you know. Were the puddles and footwells an easy one or a bit fiddly? Instruments is one on the list. I assume you have done yours...

We think ours has been going for a while as it would explain why the laminate flooring in the kitchen was starting to come up  :lipsrsealed:  We could never find the leak........

Haven't done the instruments - kind of like it as it is at the moment  :undecided:

Puddle and footwell lights are simple enough now I know what I'm doing.  I bought the looms from RobinA3 on Audi Sport.  Only done the fronts so far as he's on holiday and is going to make up some looms for the rear doors when he returns  :smiley:

I've got all the part numbers if you fancy doing those too;  you need 6 white lights (footwell same as puddle) and 4 red warning lights.  Its not cheap really but it does look smart, especially with the darker nights  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 03 October 2010, 10:28 by Rhyso »

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #213 on: 03 October 2010, 10:33 »
The new car has the interior light pack and it does look good. It's even got little red lights above each door handle on the inside. Not sure whether I will do that mod to be honst but the rear lights I will do now I have seen yours  :smiley:

The thing that annoys me with the dials is when you go under trees etc, it all goes dark apart from the needles. The new one has the dials lit all the time.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #214 on: 03 October 2010, 11:16 »
Looking sweet Rhys :)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #215 on: 03 October 2010, 11:24 »
The new car has the interior light pack and it does look good. It's even got little red lights above each door handle on the inside. Not sure whether I will do that mod to be honst but the rear lights I will do now I have seen yours  :smiley:

The thing that annoys me with the dials is when you go under trees etc, it all goes dark apart from the needles. The new one has the dials lit all the time.

Yeah I looked at doing that but you need to buy a complete handle and light I think  :shocked: :undecided:

I'll try the instrument coding and let you know how it goes  :smiley:

Thanks Dec  :smiley:

Offline JulesS3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #216 on: 03 October 2010, 12:10 »

Yeah I looked at doing that but you need to buy a complete handle and light I think  :shocked: :undecided:

I'll try the instrument coding and let you know how it goes  :smiley:

Thanks Dec  :smiley:

Yeah the handle lights are a ball ache! Looking sweet mate
« Last Edit: 03 October 2010, 15:00 by Rhyso »

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #217 on: 03 October 2010, 12:31 »
I've just noticed what your trying to put in, mines got it already and I can't actually imagine trying to fit them :shocked: Seems like a right effort!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #218 on: 03 October 2010, 15:14 »
Yeah the handle lights are a ball ache! Looking sweet mate

Cheers  :smiley:

I've just noticed what your trying to put in, mines got it already and I can't actually imagine trying to fit them :shocked: Seems like a right effort!

Yep - hence why I won't be fitting them  :grin: :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #219 on: 03 October 2010, 21:35 »
Spot on, nice subtle changes there.. are the rears LED now?