Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 235822 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Rhyso's 195bhp Posh Golf
« Reply #940 on: 17 August 2011, 09:12 »
Glad you got the cruise sorted, are you sure it brakes down hill though, wasn't aware of a cruise system that did?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #941 on: 17 August 2011, 09:14 »
Glad you got the cruise sorted, are you sure it brakes down hill though, wasn't aware of a cruise system that did?

It 'feels' like the car is applying the brakes  :undecided:  On some hills though it just can't maintain the speed cos they're so steep  :grin: :grin:

Also the system isn't shy about getting you back up to speed if you slow down  :shocked:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #942 on: 17 August 2011, 09:22 »

It 'feels' like the car is applying the brakes  :undecided:  On some hills though it just can't maintain the speed cos they're so steep  :grin: :grin:

Also the system isn't shy about getting you back up to speed if you slow down  :shocked:

It won't be applying the brakes, I'm sure of it.  It will feel like it is because it's not you that's lifting off.  I know what you mean when you say about it not messing about when it comes to getting back up to speed, mines the same.  I wonder if the fact it's remapped makes a difference compared to standard. When it gives a bit of throttle its pulling a bit harder than it would normally for the same amount of throttle.  If that makes sense.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #943 on: 17 August 2011, 11:33 »
What numberplate lights did you go for dude? I refuse to change mine for the £26 enclosed units :undecided: :embarassed:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280712883576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4369wt_1228

Scott (dubcruiser) gave me the link  :smiley:

Wicked! Cheers bud :afro:

The cruise doesn't apply the brakes, but deffo slows you down to maintain the speed. Cruise is less economical because to get back up to speed it floors it! (My own opinion/representation on what actually happens lol)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #944 on: 17 August 2011, 11:43 »
What numberplate lights did you go for dude? I refuse to change mine for the £26 enclosed units :undecided: :embarassed:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280712883576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4369wt_1228

Scott (dubcruiser) gave me the link  :smiley:

Wicked! Cheers bud :afro:

The cruise doesn't apply the brakes, but deffo slows you down to maintain the speed. Cruise is less economical because to get back up to speed it floors it! (My own opinion/representation on what actually happens lol)

Yeah it only slows down or maintains speed by lifting off.  Throttle usage can vary,  mine certainly doesn't floor it unless it's a sudden steep hill and I'm in 6th.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #945 on: 19 August 2011, 21:58 »
above is true it just lifts off the throttle to slow you down thats why its pretty useless if you have a big hill as it cant control it.. On other hand think its great when it floors it to get back up to speed lol.. still its great for long haul drives  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #946 on: 22 August 2011, 21:55 »

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #947 on: 22 August 2011, 21:59 »
Your Audi is uber mate

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #949 on: 22 August 2011, 22:03 »
Rhyso took down the "scene" single handedly.  :grin: :grin: