Author Topic: Bargain!  (Read 4649 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2010, 11:21 »
In fairness to the ebay seller these do fetch upto £50.00 in mint condition on ebay....

I saw one last week sell for £30.00+ and it was split and had no clear cover on the top...

Hence why I bought some of the £45.00 "Brand New" ones... What the chance of getting these Brand New ever again??

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline jeremybarker

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #11 on: 10 September 2010, 11:34 »
Totally agree with this especially if you have a nice example of a MK2. I recently got outbid on a front GTI badge at £30, still on the hunt.

Making up for lost time

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #12 on: 10 September 2010, 12:33 »
I have one of these & really don't think it's anything special. When I start on my interior it will be going!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #13 on: 10 September 2010, 12:38 »
I have one of these & really don't think it's anything special. When I start on my interior it will be going!

Each to thier own... I took mine off and put an all Metal one on & I like that one...

But if you want to do an Orginal OEM MK2 you just gotta have one...

Also they were "Unique" to the MK2 GTI's... Which as we all know is the best Golf Evermade....

Maybe MK3 Owners Buy them to make it feel like a MK2....  :evil:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2010, 17:31 »
Completely each to their own but spending 50 on a gearknob? Really  :huh:

I might put my 16v grille badge and gearknob on the bay if people do actually pay that. Madness.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #15 on: 10 September 2010, 17:38 »
Ive got a golf ball gear knob but has a vw sticker instead of the 1-5, seller that was rare, amongst other things!

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2010, 17:43 »
Totally agree with this especially if you have a nice example of a MK2. I recently got outbid on a front GTI badge at £30, still on the hunt.
Mental.
I just been watching a few, both ended at around £15.
I got one through the post today I won off ebay, £1.04 + £1 postage  :smug:


...Although it has been sprayed bright f**king green, sand it down and spray up in chrome paint, getting it looking good as new, for under a tenner!  :cool:

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2010, 23:10 »
If they really do go for £50

I'm putting mine up tomorrow.

For that money, I can do without a gear knob!  :grin:

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2010, 23:45 »
If they really do go for £50

I'm putting mine up tomorrow.

For that money, I can do without a gear knob!  :grin:

For that sort of money you have to offer it to international buyers...

Not just UK... As UK buyers won't pay that ammount

More of a risk... but reap the rewards... If it works!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #19 on: 11 September 2010, 11:54 »
I have one of these & really don't think it's anything special. When I start on my interior it will be going!

Each to thier own... I took mine off and put an all Metal one on & I like that one...

But if you want to do an Orginal OEM MK2 you just gotta have one...

Also they were "Unique" to the MK2 GTI's... Which as we all know is the best Golf Evermade....

Maybe MK3 Owners Buy them to make it feel like a MK2....  :evil:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Mk3 owners are buying them up 2 at a time! they shove down their trousers you know... its the only way they can leave the house in the morning :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Thom