Author Topic: Few questions! MFA and engine conection  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Bigdunc

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 344
Few questions! MFA and engine conection
« on: 08 September 2010, 19:18 »
Few questions! Rev counter and engine conection

hi guys few questions:

1. On my dash mfa, the tempature gague at top needle stays down the bottom, the car can be running for ages and still dont work, the engine fan works so its being cooled ok, was wondering what sensor it is that needs replacing, is it one of the 2 sensors bu the oil filter or on of the 2 on the water flange?

2. I am after the 2 pin conector that fits to the senson mounted at the top of the gear box.
I have tryed various 2pin conectors out of a conector pack we had at work and none fitted, i been told its a bosch 2 pin but they look dufferent sizes like the ones i already tryed.

Can anyone suggest what conection to get or if anyone have a engine loom for a mk2 8v gti, poss let me buy it or poss cut the conector off

Thanks

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Few questions! MFA and engine conection
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2010, 19:57 »
Point 1,

Read this thrad... I had the same issue... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=164467.0

Not sure on other point...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: Few questions! MFA and engine conection
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2010, 21:10 »
the temp gauge on my 8 valve fails sometimes, but its nothing to do with the sensors. If i apply a little bit of pressure (with my finger) to the front of the clocks on the dash it works again (broken track, dry joint, not sure which, havent bothered to sort it out yet, as I know everythings good in the engine bay !)

Offline bvr

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 13
Re: Few questions! MFA and engine conection
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2010, 20:20 »
Hi, Is it the sensor with two spade terminals? I just have a single spade crimp on each cable, and a wee bit of heat shrink over the bottom of the crimp, so should they touch they wont short out.
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?