Author Topic: Front Brake Upgrade Again...  (Read 3078 times)

Offline dan_apps

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,677
  • too low for british roads!
Re: Front Brake Upgrade Again...
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2010, 11:25 »
a good set of pads, discs new fluid helps alot, i put green stuff pads and brembo discs on mine and it felt alot better.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Front Brake Upgrade Again...
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2010, 11:46 »
I read on some forum cant remeber what one, had loads on info on brakes etc, was saying theres no point in buying £100+ discs as they are all the same and too spend your money on pads and fluid change? Anyone agree with that, i hope its not true after forking out for black diamonds! which are slowly rusting  :cry:

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Front Brake Upgrade Again...
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2010, 16:47 »
Yeah GSF. They don't have them on the website for the 8v, but my local branch (Glasgow/Pollokshaws road) had them in stock.

Pad:                       Average Stopping Distance:

Standard OE VW Pads       34.4m
Frenzi Italia                       32.3m
Pagid T4151                      31.6m
Pagid FR4151                    30.7m
Ferodo DS2000                  32.7m
Brembo                             31.8m
G-Force Sport                    30.5m
Formula Pads                     32.7m
OMP 961k                         30.7m
Mintex 1144                       26.9m

GSF part no. was 64313