Author Topic: Master Lock Button  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #20 on: 05 September 2010, 00:40 »
I really dont understand this stuff :(

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #21 on: 05 September 2010, 00:42 »
Ugh :( Get a non-latching single pole, double throw then.

I'm bored of this thread now.

I really dont understand this stuff :(



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronics-Dummies-UK-Dickon-Ross/dp/0470681780/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283643560&sr=1-1


Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #22 on: 05 September 2010, 00:44 »
Ugh :( Get a non-latching single pole, double throw then.

I'm bored of this thread now.

I really dont understand this stuff :(



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronics-Dummies-UK-Dickon-Ross/dp/0470681780/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283643560&sr=1-1



meh to intolerance, anyone brave enough to take over? :p

thanks for you help tho, Sorry I didnt get it, im just not well practised in this stuff and require very direct simple advice or i aint gonna know what the hell your on about :p

double throw is something ive never heard of.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #23 on: 05 September 2010, 00:45 »
can anyone explain what the hell a non-latching single pole, double throw is?

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #24 on: 05 September 2010, 00:49 »
Hah me neither. I only finished my central locking this week and didnt have a clue what wires did because of the useless instructions.
With mine it has option of window rollup and boot pop so i was trying to figure out why the front doors have 6 wires and the back only 2.
All i managed to do was pop the locks up when i touched some wires together.
It all works with just 2 wires so how the f*ck do you make the boot pop and windows work?

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #25 on: 05 September 2010, 00:54 »
Hah me neither. I only finished my central locking this week and didnt have a clue what wires did because of the useless instructions.
With mine it has option of window rollup and boot pop so i was trying to figure out why the front doors have 6 wires and the back only 2.
All i managed to do was pop the locks up when i touched some wires together.
It all works with just 2 wires so how the f*ck do you make the boot pop and windows work?

well amazingly I can actually answer you that, the boot pop and window roll require you to buy extra kits with motors you would connect those wires too, which is why you dont have anywhere to put them, if you had a car that already had a boot lock or window roll up then you would simply add them to the existing motors but a mk2 doesn't have such things so you can add them but they dont come with a central locking kit, just the wires to do so if you did. :)

or

or something :p

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #26 on: 05 September 2010, 00:56 »
So anyway, as ben has understandably given up on me, is there any other options to go for that anyone knows of? can I not use some of the wires coming from the master solenoid?  cause that activates stuff doesn't it? when you use the key with it? so some of those wires must be usable? they even have a brown and white just like the spare ones...?

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #27 on: 05 September 2010, 11:33 »
ahhhh, Ok, it works now, the master solenoid in the drivers door wasnt plugged in properly, I hadnt been in there myself as I just swapped the "brain" onto my old wireing from the cl that was there when I got it, I had to connect it up and now it all works with the brown and white wire thing, just need to mount my button now.

Ben, Cheers dude, you help did actually work, but I should have probably checked the door mech to start with :p