Author Topic: Master Lock Button  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2010, 23:57 »
well ive tried connecting the two alarm wires to the button and it didn't do anything...?

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2010, 00:06 »
dont I have to suppy some power to the button? or am i using the wrong wires? ivd tried xpzre the brown and white wires...?

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2010, 00:10 »
Just touching the two together briefly will lock, then touching again will unlock, then touching again will lock ....

The potential difference between the two wires allows each to act as a ground for each other allowing the doors to alternate between lock/unlock when connected.

See page 2 on here http://support.in-car-stuff.com/files/VCDL1+2%20-%20Central%20Locking%20Kit%20Installation.pdf

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #13 on: 05 September 2010, 00:15 »
Just touching the two together briefly will lock, then touching again will unlock, then touching again will lock ....

The potential difference between the two wires allows each to act as a ground for each other allowing the doors to alternate between lock/unlock when connected.

See page 2 on here http://support.in-car-stuff.com/files/VCDL1+2%20-%20Central%20Locking%20Kit%20Installation.pdf

that's strange, I tried touching the two together and nothing happened...

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2010, 00:27 »
yup, just went out to check, the brown and whit wires that my wiring diagram says are lock/unlock for alarm systems do nothing when touched together... ? is there another option or a good reason why nothings happening? :(


Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2010, 00:30 »
yup, just went out to check, the brown and whit wires that my wiring diagram says are lock/unlock for alarm systems do nothing when touched together... ? is there another option or a good reason why nothings happening? :(



Get a single pole, double throw switch with GND connected to the primary and the brown/white to the alternating contacts.

Weird though, must universal kits I've used support bridging the white/brown for lock/unlock.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #16 on: 05 September 2010, 00:32 »
yup, just went out to check, the brown and whit wires that my wiring diagram says are lock/unlock for alarm systems do nothing when touched together... ? is there another option or a good reason why nothings happening? :(



Get a single pole, double throw switch with GND connected to the primary and the brown/white to the alternating contacts.

Weird though, must universal kits I've used support bridging the white/brown for lock/unlock.

sorry what? single pole?  I know not of this technical talk, literally be as basic as you can, I havent a clue what the lingo is :p

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #17 on: 05 September 2010, 00:35 »
Single pole, double throw is a 2-way switch

ie.



Before I get bored of answering questions, could you at least *try* to google the terms you don't understand - you might learn something

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #18 on: 05 September 2010, 00:37 »
Single pole, double throw is a 2-way switch

ie.



Before I get bored of answering questions, could you at least *try* to google the terms you don't understand - you might learn something
I tried to an extent, and it came up with more technical jargon, :p

this stuff baffles the hell out of me

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Master Lock Button
« Reply #19 on: 05 September 2010, 00:39 »
so is the switch I bought no good then?  I need to get something that turns on and off?  cause that sounded wrong from the start as I could like unlock the car on my fob and then sit in it and the switch would already be on unlock and ide have to move it twice to get it to change?  no?

or like, would I need a relay or something to switch between wires?