Author Topic: Warning triangle  (Read 6113 times)

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Warning triangle
« on: 03 September 2010, 23:06 »
Any ideas/pics of how the warning triangle should be mounted in the boot? Mine is just loose under the catch, behind the rear panel. I'm guessing there should be some kind of mounting strap, but how/where does it all attach?
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2010, 00:50 »
Ant...

You give me the triangle and I'll show you how to mount it....














I have the straps but no Triangle....  :angry:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2010, 18:31 »
Ant...

You give me the triangle and I'll show you how to mount it....














I have the straps but no Triangle....  :angry:

How rude!

I have looked on Vagcat, and it looks like the strap is a shorter version of the first aid kit one. I do have a shorter strap lying aroud somewhere in my emporium so I may be in luck...

It looks like the triangle in mine is in roughly the right place - I just need the strap to secure it?
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2010, 20:00 »
I have 2 straps in the rear between the center and left hand side... The straps I think are the same size as the 1st aid box..

Will check on etka later...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline kittie

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2010, 21:22 »
I've got one strap on the left hand side - what would this have been for? I have no triangle or anything just a strap. Use it to keep the tool bag in place at the mo!

X4MGS, I like the look of the keyring! Will keep an eye out for you in Sheff. I also have a red un  :smiley:

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2010, 21:54 »
On the left under the rear speaker?

If so its for the First aid box...

See My Dubs Ride Thread... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.70

Also more pics of the Keyrings... They should be ready in a week or so...

I'm down the "cliffe" near Meadowhell!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2010, 21:56 »
There should be a small strap under the latch on the backpanel.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2010, 10:04 »
should have 2 straps, thru the angled holes in the panel. also there are 2 plastic clips to stop the straps chafing on the panel and/or wearing the paint off

liek this, but triangle should be inside the panel not on the outside:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2010, 10:36 »
I Want One!!!!  :sad:  :nerd:


should have 2 straps, thru the angled holes in the panel. also there are 2 plastic clips to stop the straps chafing on the panel and/or wearing the paint off

liek this, but triangle should be inside the panel not on the outside:


High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Warning triangle
« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2010, 11:42 »
yeah its cool to have, shame inside of my boot is such a mess! need to get that bit o carpet there from a us model
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.