Author Topic: Mk2 locks  (Read 3159 times)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Mk2 locks
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2010, 22:37 »
im gonna prob buy a lock kit off ebay and not use the aftermarket handles that come with it just swap the lock barrells then i have origional handles still. and strangley enough crntral locking working again now but wont last lol.

this is what i had to do, as the replacement handle wore out within 3 months and wouldnt press down the latch hard enough.

tidied up the original handle and swapped the barrel, easy peasy (1 screw and a spring).

make sure you put a key into the barrel before removing it!! otherwise the pins fly everywhere (you'll lose them & the tiny springs)


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Mk2 locks
« Reply #11 on: 08 September 2010, 07:56 »

make sure you put a key into the barrel before removing it!! otherwise the pins fly everywhere (you'll lose them & the tiny springs)

I did that with my last car. But then figured if I took all the pins out of all the other locks, one key would fit all rather than the 3 keys that I had before.

Trouble was, any key would fit. So would a knife, a spoon, a twig, if fact anything could unlock my car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.