Author Topic: squeeking  (Read 857 times)

Offline bosco

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 212
squeeking
« on: 02 September 2010, 08:07 »
my mk2 1.6 has a weird squeaking noise when your driving and it sounds like its coming from the either of the left side wheels. when the steering wheel is straight or turning right it squeeks but if you turn it left the squeaking stops? any ideas?
1990 mk2 1.6 daily
1990 20v turbo project learning as I go

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: squeeking
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2010, 11:31 »
I've heard of this problem before.  The 1.6 was wowefully underpowered when first made so many early companies offered an aftermarket solution.  Look under the bonnet to the right of the block. Down behind the gearbox you shouls see a small round cage.

If you look you should be able so see a small brown or yellow furry thing.

Your aftermarket turbo is squeeking because it is hungry.  Give it some nuts and all should be well.