Author Topic: same sh!t different day  (Read 2952 times)

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
same sh!t different day
« on: 01 September 2010, 19:17 »
ok well ive done the search bt cant find shed any light on my pb 8v problems

last week mfa had a fit and didnt make any differnce how many times id reset it,it scrambled again any how managed to fix that  and now this week mycoolant temp warning light will randomly flash when it wants even though ive got plenty of water and engine is at normal temp :huh: :huh: :huh:

also it keeps cuting out mainly when cold but sometimes when at normal temp.it idles fine it usaualy happen,s when coming to a stop at a junction it just cuts out and sometimes even at a standstill you rev it and it just drops of and dies starts up again fine ive tried a different isv :huh: :huh: :huh:

please help

lol

.....the project.........

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2010, 19:18 »
I'd follow RJ's tuning guide if I were you.

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2010, 19:32 »
ive tried alot of stuff on it but to no joy

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2010, 19:59 »
Get new VW Temp senders as this sorted my issues with my gauge...

GSF ones just don't last and give you these false reading's...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2010, 20:09 »
did you change them all

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2010, 20:26 »
I have now....

Black one last week VW one £22.00 Plus VAT..

Blue one ages ago... Think it was cheaper..

HTH

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2010, 20:51 »
and these would cause it to cut out :undecided:

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2010, 20:54 »
I doubt it... but should sort your temp gauge issue I guess...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2010, 21:34 »
ok im with you

and the cutting out :huh: :huh: :huh:

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2010, 21:37 »
Beyond me TBH...

I'm not that technical... PM RJ He might be able to help you!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!