Author Topic: Shocks  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Shocks
« on: 30 August 2010, 11:19 »
Hey all

I lowered my car yersterday to find both of my rear shocks are F****D. Basicly u can push them down and they dont come back up, and also both bump stops were completely perished. Iv bin looking at some shocks on deamon tweeks. I dont want to spend a great deal as im on a budget atm. Iv seen both of these, are they any good.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Suspension/Shock_Absorbers/Bilstein_B4_Performance_Gas_Damper/340/0/84734/44665

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Suspension/Shock_Absorbers/Koni_Adjustable_Sport_Shock_Absorber/340/0/86110/44665

Oh and will bump stops come with the new dampers and i take it thats not the price for a pair? Oh and im using spax springs -40mm

cheers

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Shocks
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2010, 11:42 »
Shocks don't normally come back up (unless I'm missing something), it is the spring which controls return.

Can't comment on the above, I've had Hottunning crappers on my car for 3 years and after the first 6 months - my spine regrets every second of them :(

Best asking demon tweeks if they come with bump stops - as it varies from brand to brand.

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Re: Shocks
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2010, 11:46 »
oh right lol, well im sure one of my dads cars failed its mot cuz the schocker didnt come back up on one side and it made the other side go all jerky on its return upwards.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Shocks
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2010, 15:25 »
If on a budget try GSF for Boge Turbo Shocks...

BUT Only Buy New VW Bumpstops... IMHO

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!