Author Topic: Air intake pipe help  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Air intake pipe help
« on: 27 August 2010, 15:25 »
Hey all I'm in the middle of drilling my airbus and I noticed a pipe that goes inthe wing. I seen it had 3 screws on, iv removed them but can't remove the box, does anyone know how I remove it?

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2010, 16:12 »
Drilling a hole in the side of an airbus is probably not the best plan mate and neither is taking screws out of the wing  :rolleyes:

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2010, 16:17 »
LOL sorry spelling mistake. Its ment to say airbox. Dam i phone lol. Its 3 bolts that hold a big bit of plastic pipe inside the wing. Oh and its a 87 8v gti k jet.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2010, 16:22 »
Drilling a hole in the side of an airbus is probably not the best plan mate and neither is taking screws out of the wing  :rolleyes:
:grin: niceeee

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2010, 16:31 »
Drilling a hole in the side of an airbus is probably not the best plan mate and neither is taking screws out of the wing  :rolleyes:

 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2010, 19:50 »
On my gti 16v, I found a blanking plate on wing and so removed this, And i tghink i removed a rectangle cap on side of air BUS,,
No guts No glory,

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2010, 10:07 »
Well this isn't a blanking plate it's a pipe but it's completely sealed bar about 3 5mm holes inwich to draw air in so surly if I can get it out it should help no end?

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2010, 11:09 »
On my gti 16v, I found a blanking plate on wing and so removed this, And i tghink i removed a rectangle cap on side of air BUS (box),,
easy mod, loadsa induction noise  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2010, 17:30 »
On my gti 16v, I found a blanking plate on wing and so removed this, And i tghink i removed a rectangle cap on side of air BUS (box),,
easy mod, loadsa induction noise  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Yeah it sounds real nice now i gone back 2 original exhaust, Just got 1 of them straight through pipes instead of last but 1 box aswell,
Yo just up road from me ay ya,,
No guts No glory,

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: Air intake pipe help
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2010, 22:05 »
yup, up the road from compton hospice. im down torquay at the mo thou campin then visitin the in laws  :grin: