Author Topic: Please Help!!!  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Cragel

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Please Help!!!
« on: 26 August 2010, 18:42 »
Ive got a 5 door 91 GL and Ive got puddles in both my rear and front passenger footwells. Ive checked the door membranes, they seem fine, ive changed the matrix which was fine, cleared out the sunroof tubes and checked the scuttle cover under the bonnet but I dont know what else is could be. There is no wetness on the carpet around the edges, just on the flat parts.
I also have no heating either, not sure if this is to do with me changing the matrix but its also a very weak blow even on 4!

Please help me. :cry:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2010, 18:50 »
Could be  from when you replaced the matrix.

Do a search, this issue has been covered lots of times.

Could be coming in from a worn seal on the pollen filter housing and from shrunk rubber gromits around the throttle and bonnet cables.  Hence water under the carpets, not on.

Jonathan.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2010, 21:53 »
Could be one of a dozen things....

Is the suroof properly cosed and not leaking around the seals??

Any Rusty bit on the car?

Have you put the cover back over the heater blower properly?

Dislodged any of the grommets in the bulkhead when doing the matrix?

Is the Matrix fitted properly? does the water taste of antifreeze?

Etc etc...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2010, 22:18 »
Take the carpet up to see where the water's coming in??

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2010, 23:15 »
Could be one of a dozen things....

Is the suroof properly cosed and not leaking around the seals??

Any Rusty bit on the car?

Have you put the cover back over the heater blower properly?

Dislodged any of the grommets in the bulkhead when doing the matrix?

Is the Matrix fitted properly? does the water taste of antifreeze?
Etc etc...

LOL!